List:       ispman-users
Subject:    [Ispman-users] How to deny FTP access
From:       PsicoPat <cyberpsico_pat () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-09-13 12:36:33

Hi all,

I've fully working ISPMan 0.9.3 installation under
RedHat 7.1, but I have problem with allow or deny FTP
access...

I configured a ProFTPd server for working with
OpenLDAP.

Authentication works fine...too much fine...

Here is the problem : If I create a user with FTP
access forbidden, it can log on FTP and upload,
download, etc.

The FTP server doesn't take care of the "FTPStatus"
field from LDAP, it seems to check only login and
password.

How can I do to deny FTP access to some users ?

Is-it possible with ProFTPd or do I have to use any
other FTP server (PureFTPd) ?

Here is my proftpd.conf :
________________________
ServerType      inetd
DefaultServer   on
Umask            022
LDAPServer     192.168.85.1 (it's localhost)
LDAPDoAuth on o=ispman
LDAPAuthBinds on
DefaultRoot ~

If someone has any idea...