List:       ispman-developers
Subject:    [Ispman-developers] Re: Improve control panel performance with mod_perl (don't)
From:       Wim Kerkhoff <wim () nyetwork ! org>
Date:       2003-12-31 23:30:50

Ok,

Never mind this...

I tried this for a day or two, but then ran into caching problems (CGI
scripts showing incorrect information).

See http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html for guidelines on
coding CGI scripts to run cleanly under mod_perl. See the man page /
perldoc for 'perlsec' on taint checking of user input.

ISPMan (*.cgi and the files in lib/ and bin/) needs to be modified to
"use strict", -w, and -T. This for stability, performance, and security
reasons. There's never a good reason not to use -w and use strict.

I might start making changes locally here.

Wim