List:       isp-services
Subject:    [isp-services] bandwidth
From:       Fred McDavid <bigfred () vaix ! net>
Date:       2001-04-30 23:00:00

We are looking to get a few quotes on additional bandwidth,
in case our wireless venture does well and we need to get
more than our present T-1.

I'd appreciate some war stories on what to watch out for
when asking for a T-3 or maybe a fiber connection.

We are in a GTE/Verizon telco area.

Perhaps a better question is at what point does it make more
sense to upgrade from multiple T-1's to a frac or tiered or
burstable T-3?

We have a Cisco 4500 router.   Will a T-3 card work good
enough, or should we be looking for a better router, too.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Fred McDavid
Virginia Internet Express