List:       isp-bgp
Subject:    Re: isp-bgp digest: May 15, 2002
From:       "Gaurav Sabharwal" <gaurav () inwire ! net>
Date:       2002-05-16 12:13:26

> - In Step 3, when you have peering up with ISP A and not ISP B, all of
your
> inbound traffic will come from ISP A.
Yep. ISP A is our current upstream provider.

> - For Step 6, you won't be able to completely see how your traffic flows
> until you remove the default routes.  If one of your carriers is
> significantly better connected than the other, you may have to AS Prepend
> get the load balancing working right.
I was thinking of having default routes pointing to both the ISPs

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 i.s.p.a
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 i.s.p.b

If I remember correctly from one of your earlier postings here, this would
make packets use both the links (alternatively) and would work. Correct me
if I am wrong.

> - You should strongly consider registering your Contact information, ASN,
> IP's, and routing policy with the IRR.  This will greatly increase your
> routes' chances of making it past the filters of major ISP's.  This is
even
> more of a factor because you are outside of north america.
Thanks. I will work on this. http://www.radb.net right?

Thanks for all your help. Appreciate it.

Regards,
- Gaurav

_______________  The ISP-BGP Discussion List  ______________
To Join: mailto:join-isp-bgp@isp-bgp.com