List:       isp-bgp
Subject:    Re: Static IP address Vs DHCP
From:       Rob Genovesi <rob () coastside ! net>
Date:       2001-10-22 17:52:05

So you would be updated all of your DNS every three days when your ip
addresses changed?  Even if this was scripted to happen automatically you
would still have propogation issues wouldn't you?  You'd have to keep your
TTL set really low on all your records to avoid problems, and even then I
think there are a lot of DNS servers out there that have their own
timetables for caching records.  Also your DNS servers themselves would
have to be somewhere with static addressing.

IMO, It would be well worth a little extra $$ to get perm. static IPs.

Is there something I am missing here?

-Rob

_______________  The ISP-BGP Discussion List  ______________
To Join: mailto:join-isp-bgp@isp-bgp.com