List:       isp-bgp
Subject:    RE: BGP4 extensions
From:       "Daniel Golding" <dan () netrail ! net>
Date:       2001-05-23 15:49:02

Amjad,

Although you can use confed BGP with multiple "real" AS numbers, that is not
the most usual application. Generally, confeds are implimented with private
AS number, with a single sub-as per POP or small area, the idea being to
keep the number of routers in each sub-as to a minimum.

- Daniel L Golding