List:       isp-bgp
Subject:    Re: BGP-simulation
From:       Jay Swan <jay_swan () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-05-22 20:29:41

You can put each router in its own AS and simulate a simple point-to-point
BGP connection. You need more routers if you want to do anything fancy.

You can connect them back-to-back in 3 ways:

1) crossover ethernet cable
2) ethernet through the switch
3) with a back-to-back serial connection. There's a page at cisco.com that
has instructions on how to make a back-to-back cable for the 4-wire T1
w/CSU/DSU port. IIRC, you might be able to simply use a Cisco rollover
console cable to make the connection.

Jay