List:       isn
Subject:    [ISN] =?iso-8859-7?q?Do_We_Need_to_=A1Disrupt=A2_the_Cybersecurit?= =?iso-8859-7?q?y_Status_Quo=3F?=
From:       InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews ! org>
Date:       2014-09-26 11:40:35

http://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurity/2014/09/do-we-need-disrupt-cybersecurity-status-quo/95150/

By Jessica Herrera-Flanigan
Nextgov.com
September 25, 2014

Next Wednesday marks the beginning of the 11th annual Cybersecurity
Awareness Month.

The Department of Homeland Security says the month is designed to "engage
and educate public and private sector partners through events and
initiatives with the goal of raising awareness about cybersecurity and
increasing the resiliency of the nation in the event of a cyber incident."

In anticipation of the celebration – the National Cyber Security Alliance
has deemed it something to "celebrate."

I have not written a great deal in the last several months about
cybersecurity. In fact, one of my posts earlier this year noted that it
seemed as if there was cybersecurity overkill going on, and I wanted to
step back and take a deep breath and do an inventory of cybersecurity
policy.

[...]

--
Evident.io - Continuous Cloud Security for AWS.
Identify and mitigate risks in 5 minutes or less.