List:       isn
Subject:    [ISN] 'War-like' cybercrime threatens European growth
From:       InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews ! org>
Date:       2014-04-30 8:40:15

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101623392

By Arjun Kharpal
@ArjunKharpal
CNBC.com
04/28/2014

State-backed hackers are aiming to create "war-like activities" that could
harm economic growth in Europe, the region's cybercrime chief warned on
Tuesday.

The stark warning from Troels Oerting, head of the European Cybercrime
Center and assistant director at law enforcement agency Europol, comes as
governments and law enforcement agencies across Europe are already
struggling to contain the threat of cybercrime.

"What we are looking at is state-sponsored activity and it is no secret
that we have state-sponsored activities…aimed at starting warlike
activity," Oerting said at a speech at the Infosecurity Europe conference
in London Tuesday.

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News