List:       isn
Subject:    [ISN] Hackers hit Washington Post for second time in three years
From:       InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews ! org>
Date:       2013-12-19 8:49:04

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57616069-83/hackers-hit-washington-post-for-second-time-in-three-years/

By Steven Musil
CNET News
December 18, 2013

The Washington Post's servers have been breached for the second time in three
years, giving hackers access to employee usernames and passwords, the company
revealed Wednesday.

Neither personal subscriber information nor the newspaper's publishing system
were believed to have been accessed in the intrusion, which the company
suspects originated in China because it began on a server used by the
newspaper's foreign staff. The newspaper said there was strong evidence Chinese
hackers were behind a 2011 hack of the newspaper's job-seeker data base, as
well as recent months-long network breaches at The New York Times and The Wall
Street Journal.

"This is an ongoing investigation, but we believe it was a few days at most,"
Post spokeswoman Kris Coratti told the newspaper.

[...]

--
Find the best InfoSec talent without breaking your
IT recruiting budget! Save 50 percent off our normal