List:       isn
Subject:    [ISN] SecurityFocus Call for Incident Handling Articles
From:       InfoSec News <isn () C4I ! ORG>
Date:       2001-04-27 4:10:02

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:21:10 -0600
From: Stephen Entwisle <se@SECURITYFOCUS.COM>
To: INCIDENTS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM

SecurityFocus is currently developing new articles for its Incident
Handling focus area for publication in June onwards. We are hoping to
develop articles, or series of articles if appropriate, on the following
topics:

- Sound strategies for protecting, detecting, assessing and responding to
  incidents.

- Sharing of successful assessment and response procedures.
- Establishment of an incident response team and integration into the work
  environment.

- Analysis of incident response team performance and how it can be
  improved.

- Discussion of critical infrastructure protection efforts.
- When and how to involve law enforcement.
- Legal issuesof Incident Handling.
- Preservation of permissable evidence.
- Forensic analysis and data recovery.
- Security policy and Incident Handling.

If you are interested in writing an article on one of these topics,
please feel free to forward an outline to.  The outline should clearly
state the article topic, what aspects of the topic will be discussed,
what sub-topics will be discussed and the basic structure of the
article.  If you have not published an article with SecurityFocus
before, I would appreciate it if you could include a writing sample or
a link to a sample of your written work.

Also, if you have other topic ideas that are relevant to Incident
Handling that have not been included on this list of topic
suggestions, please feel free to forward an outline detailing the
proposed article.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this call for
articles, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

Stephen Entwisle
Editor
SecurityFocus.com