List:       isn
Subject:    [ISN] Internet Security with Windows NT
From:       mea culpa <jericho () DIMENSIONAL ! COM>
Date:       2000-01-13 17:05:53

Forwarded From: "Noonan, Michael D" <mdn@intel.com>

When it comes to free stuff, I'm just like Andy Rooney: I find that, in
most cases, free stuff simply costs too much, so I usually shy away from
free offers. But once in a blue moon, people actually do give something
away without asking for anything in return, and today is one of those
times.
   29th Street Press, Windows NT Magazine, and NTSecurity.NET are pleased
to announced that our book "Internet Security with Windows NT"  is now
available on the Web in its entirety, absolutely free, with no strings
attached.
   "Internet Security with Windows NT" covers NT security as it pertains
to TCP/IP-based networks and is largely geared for novice or moderately
knowledgeable administrators. The book is a collective effort by some
notable names in the security industry, including myself, Bill Hamilton,
Marcus Ranum, Peter Carden, Andy Baron, and several others. The book
covers a wide array of security information that leaves the reader with a
solid security foundation to build additional knowledge upon.
   Why did we put the book online for free? Because Windows NT Magazine
wants to provide IT professionals with even more high quality and timely
online technical content. Ultimately, we feel that living, Web- based
books are the best way to provide the most up-to-date material on
technical subject matters. And because our goal is to provide the quality
technical material you need to get your job done better, the release of
"Internet Security with Windows NT" on the Web is the next step toward
that goal.
   Although the online version of the book is the same as the original
print version, we'll continue to update the content of the book with the
latest relevant material. We also have hardcopy versions of the book
available for those of you that want a professionally printed and bound
version.
   We hope you enjoy using the online book, which you can find at
http://www.ntsecurity.net/book. Please let me know what you think of our
effort, and drop me a line with any suggestions you have for improving the
book's content or the Web site in general. Until next time, have a great
week!

Sincerely,
Mark Joseph Edwards, News Editor
mark@ntsecurity.net