List:       irssi-users
Subject:    Re: Watching quits, joins, modes, etc in a status bar - how ?
From:       Ertugrul Soeylemez <never () drwxr-xr-x ! org>
Date:       2006-11-09 4:33:29

"Dj." <dlu@mdi.ca> (06-11-06 04:54:16):

> Few weeks ago I run into irsii and decided to give it a try. I can't
> "talk" irssi scripting language and can't make a script because I am
> still inexperienced in irssi, and as a passionate and experienced
> ircII user I will try to explain this in ircII terms, hopefully there
> is someone on the list who understands ircii parameters.  Please
> forgive my ignorance, but the ircII is the only IRC code I know.
>
> When ignoring quits, joins, leaves and modes in irssi, channel looks
> quieter, but I used to see all of it in a lower status bar in ircII,
> so I have the clean conference mode in a channel window, while still
> monitoring mode changes, quits, leaves and kicks displayed in a
> status_format2. It is displayed in a real time, as they occur.
>
> In ircII it is easy: have %U and %X in status_format2 and redirect
> "on(s) ^signoff, ^leave, ^mode, ^kick, ^join to a status_user and
> status_user1.
>
> I read docs on irssi, and I know how to add a new status bar; the
> trouble is, there are no %U, %X, %Y and %Z parameters for status_user,
> status_user1(2 and 3) which will go to a status_format2.  I guess no
> /ignore should be used to clear the channel, changes should be in
> status bar format, but I am just not getting how to do it.
>
> Please someone tell how to redirect quits, signoff, mode, kicks from a
> channel to a new status bar.

For it to be a status bar, you had to script it yourself, but that's
unnecessary.  You can create a new split-window and transfer the
appropriate window levels (like JOINS, PARTS, QUITS, ...) to that split
window.  You can place it, whereever you want.  If you don't need to see
them live, then you can also just create another normal window.

The /window command will help you with both alternatives.  Call '/help
window'.

Regards,
E.S.

--=20
Key-ID: CE402012 "Ertugrul Soeylemez <never@drwxr-xr-x.org>"
FPrint: 0F12 0912 DFC8 2FC5 E2B8  A23E 6BAC 998E CE40 2012
(hkp) subkeys.pgp.net (ldap) keyserver.pgp.com (http) www.keyserver.de