List:       irssi-users
Subject:    Re: Split message window
From:       David Leadbeater <dgl () dgl ! cx>
Date:       2002-01-02 16:09:28

J.S. wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The documentation doesn't seem to explain that well how one can have a
> split message window that is on top of all the others. I don't think I
> phrased it correctly according to Irssi standards, however I hope you get
> the picture.
>
> I'm new to Irssi, mind you =)

If you mean split windows (which i think you do..) then doing
something like /window show 1 will split the windows..
There are a lot of commands for split windows such as /window
balance, /window grow and /window shrink..

/layout save should save the locations of the split windows between
restarts.

They were also a bit buggy in the 'stable' release and various
crashes relating to split windows have been fixed in the CVS
versions.

Hope this helps.

--
David Leadbeater