List:       irssi-users
Subject:    Replying to a list (was: Re: -botcmd)
From:       Jussi Ekholm <ekhowl () goa-head ! org>
Date:       2001-10-28 21:40:19

Bob Ball <bob@apc.34sp.com> wrote:

> for some reason, -bots and -botcmd dont work anymore... it doesnt even
> produce the 2nd command, so I cant test and give you an absolute answer...
> if anyone knows why -bots and -botcmd might not work, please tell me :P
[snip...]

> p.p.s is it just me or does everyone else have to delete the users email and
> put in the irssi mailing list's addy when replying?
> (it tries to reply to the person who sent the email)

Unfortunately I don't know the answer for the problem you (and others,
as well or what?) are experiencing, but please let me know, if you
get it working. I actually haven't even thought about putting special
characters (if we don't numbers as special characters) in passwords...
Hmmmm, might be a good idea, thanks. :-)

What comes to replying to the list, my MUA (Mutt, as you probably
can see from the header lines) has a feature called list_reply.
First, you define the mailing lists and their addresses to
~/.muttrc (or a file to be "sourced"). Then, when you are reading
mail and you decide to reply to mail, that Mutt identifies coming
from mailing list defined earlier, Mutt uses the list's address
instead of author's personal e-mail address.

But... you are using Outlook, so I really don't know if it has such
a feature. Sorry for this quite pointless message, but sometimes
you just want to write. Happens mostly at night. Ah well, now it's
time for bed. Try searching around Outlook, and see if it's possible
to define if a posting is from a mailing list, if it comes from a
certain address. If it is, command similar to Mutt's list_reply
should be possible. This is only guessing, so I really don't know.
Just decided to pick up the subject, how great MUA Mutt is. :-)
No wars, tho. O:-)

--
Jussi Ekholm,		    "Everything is so fine it could be
a little, ill flower   	     don't let your mind take you in misery