List:       irssi-users
Subject:    Re: Most impressed with irssi!
From:       Timo Sirainen <cras () fun157 ! kivikko ! hoas ! fi>
Date:       1999-05-17 7:45:39

Forgot to answer to mailing list of course :) Well, again..

> I'm currently using the irssi text-to-speech plugin with festival.
> This is excellent, within the limitations of the conversion process
> which isn't very clever yet.  I think we need to expand its lexicon
> with IRC'isms and more computing terms.

Until I can find a working finnish text -> speech I'm not really interested
about this. But sure you (or someone else) can do it.

> Here's a question though.  With irssi I seem to get disconnected with
> ping-timeout after just a few minutes on ircnet, but not on efnet.
> This never happened with cIRCus, which stayed connected for weeks at
> a time to both networks, subject only to net faults.  Do the two
> networks behave differently in this area?

They shouldn't .. What irc server does it happen with? I use only ircnet and
it has never ping timeouted me..

> I'll read the archives when someone fixes the two broken links in
> /pub/irssi/, and hopefully contribute further to the discussions.

There's not much in archives yet anyway.