List:       irssi-dev
Subject:    Re: vi-like style.
From:       Timo Sirainen <tss () iki ! fi>
Date:       2002-12-03 23:01:11

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 21:35, Jakub Klausa wrote:
> 'lo
>
> 	Is the work on implementing vi-like editing scheme progressing?
> I'd like to see that feature implemented very much. Any estimates on when it
> may happen? :>

I guess it's waiting for someone motivated enough to code it? :) I
almost started it one day, but then noticed it wasn't as easy as I
thought..

I think it should be implemented so that there would be possible to have
multiple keyboard states each having their own bindings, then some
commands to switch between the states. vi-keys could be implemented with
configuring two of these states. It's just that the current way it's
done requires quite a lot of changes to support multiple states..