List:       ipw2100-devel
Subject:    [Ipw2100-devel] Strange Oopses when passing IP traffic
From:       "Bradley Chapman" <kakadu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-21 17:55:56

I am currently experiencing a very strange Oops with kernel 2.6.20,
ieee80211 1.2.16, and ipw2200 1.2.1. Whenever I attempt to configure
the interface using DHCP, I get an Oops which FUBARs the interrupt
handling routines, preventing klogd from saving the Oops to disk. The
Oops seems connected to actually bringing the interface 'up', using
ifconfig, and sending traffic over it (i.e. a DHCP request packet). As
a result, I had to fall back to kernel 2.6.18.3, ieee80211 1.2.15, and
ipw220 1.2.0dmq (which works quite nicely with both WEP and WPA).

If I configure the interface manually using iwconfig, that causes no
problems - the Oops only comes when I actually bring the interface up.
Since I don't have the resources to use netconsole or kexec() or
anything else, is there an easy way I can get the Oops for debugging
purposes?

Brad
--
CONTROL YOUR TABS: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/158