List:       ipw2100-devel
Subject:    [Ipw2100-devel] anticipate roaming or handover
From:       "??" <seong () etri ! re ! kr>
Date:       2006-05-31 23:51:30

Hi list !

I'm currently using ipw2100 driver.
I found that the driver does not support "set/get sensitivity threshold".

Also, I've looked into the ipw2200 driver source code and mailing archives.
It seems that the ipw2200 driver also does not support "set/get sensitivity \
threshold" but the driver can use "the number of missed beacon" as the trigger of the \
handover.

I'd like to know following two things.

1. anticipating roaming before occuring actual roaming/handover
Actually, I'd like to receive an interrupt before when the real roaming is occured.
Is that possible without firmware modification?
I know that I can check /proc filesystem periodically to read the signal strength.
I don't like use this busy and undetermistic method.

2. Could I get some documents for the developing of the driver link datasheet and \
developer guide ? I'v looked around the homepage of intel, there is some docs about \
ipw2100 product, but I couldn't find some helpful developer guide.

I'm a novice to this wireless area.
Please let me know any miss-understaning.

sincerely seong.[ayoj{Z(|tz,) \
.^-jwQeڊw!'"j{N^^tvqjبȧbv-/jvƥJ \
iX%y皊ކiz_ڳrgy'N_ۉZ׮6 \
⧵Ozx%bOzXy+zmbq+-bا~⧵Oz