List:       ipw2100-devel
Subject:    Re: [Ipw2100-devel] Upgrade to ipw2200-1.1.2: eth0 now refers to wireless card
From:       Unga <unga888 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-05-26 16:06:54

--- Patrick Bogen <pdbogen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/26/06, Unga <unga888@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > What seems to be the issue eth0 now refers to the
> > wireless card? Have I missed something?
>
> Did you remove the drivers for your wired card when
> you uninstalled?
> Or are they both modular, and getting loaded in
> different orders?
>
> In Linux, ethN is assigned on a first-come
> first-served basis, so if
> the ipw2200 drivers get loaded before your wired
> eithernet drivers,
> then your wireless card will be on eth0 instead of
> eth1.

Thanks for the reply. Driver for the wired card
exists.  I can access Internet by switching off the
access point and plug in a net cable.

Log shows as follows:
kernel: eth1: Broadcom 4400 10/100BaseT Ethernet
kernel: b44: eth1: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full
duplex.
kernel: b44: eth1: Flow control is on for TX and on
for RX.

Regards
Unga

http://mail.yahoo.com