List:       ipw2100-devel
Subject:    [Ipw2100-devel] (no subject)
From:       Vinaitheerthan Sundaram <vsundar () ecn ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2005-10-24 19:37:50

Hi,

Thanks to the developers for the drivers and others in the group for their
efforts. I have two questions regarding the IPW2100 monitor mode. My computer
configuration is Toshiba Intel Centrino 1.4GHz and Intel pro 2100 Wireless card
and I use ethereal in promiscuous mode.

I am not able to see 802.11 data packets on ethereal sent on the air when I put
my ipw2100 card on monitor mode. However, I was able to see some control
packets sent on the air by all networks nearby. The control packets that I can
see are beacon frames sent by all access points nearby, probe request, probe
response, acknowledgement sent to access point and NULL function packet. How to
get the 802.11 data packets (headers alone is sufficient) shown on ethereal?

I read somewhere that it is not possible to monitor the traffic and use the card
to send traffic at the same time. Anyone knows about a workaround to use the
wireless card while passively monitoring?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Vinai