List:       ipw2100-devel
Subject:    Re: [Ipw2100-devel] Survey for ipw2200 users
From:       Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi () libertysurf ! fr>
Date:       2004-11-22 11:05:18

> Question 0:
> What brand name is your notebook?
Dell Latitude X300

> Question 1:
> Does your notebook have a hardware switch?
Yes (Fn+F2)

> Question 2:
> Does your notebook have a software switch?
No (not that I know of)

> Question 2a:
> How is it activated?
> - Keyboard combination, works in linux
Fn+F2
> - activated by ipw2200 driver (any of those?)
Also true

> Question 3:
> Did you have any trouble activating the radio?
I used to have to rmmod and then modprobe ipw2200 to get the radio
interface right. Now (Mandrake 10.1 - ipw2200 0.8) it gives error at
boot time but it actually works:

ipw2200: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200 Network Driver, 0.7
ipw2200: Copyright(c) 2003-2004 Intel Corporation
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:04.0[A] -> GSI 5 (level, low) -> IRQ 5
wlan0: Setting MAC to 00:0e:35:60:74:c6
ipw2200: Calibration
ipw2200: Fatal error
ipw2200: Start IPW Error Log Dump:
wlan0: Setting MAC to 00:0e:35:60:74:c6

I checked in my (stock) kernel source that the included version of
ipw2200 was indeed 0.8, although dmesg shows an output related to 0.7...

It is also _very_ long at boot time when it activates the radio,
eventually erroring out that it couldn't activate it. But when I log in
I can check that the radio is indeed activated :-/

Lastly, WEP doesn't work for me, saying:
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.

> Question 4:
> What is your relation to the ipw2200 project?
end user of the driver

--=20
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi@libertysurf.fr>

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]