List:       ipsec-tools-devel
Subject:    Re: [Ipsec-tools-devel] patch supporting individual natt ports for
From:       "Wolfgang Schmieder" <wolfgang () die-schmieders ! de>
Date:       2011-11-23 5:51:22

Timo,

please find attached Version 2 of my 'individual natt port' patch.

I was unsure if I could disclaim the individual natt port feature and now
finally came to the conclusion that I need it, and it could makes sense for
anybody else as well. I will need it especially for the configuration
proposal which you gave me to address multiple vpn gateways behind a natt
router. I will come to this in a separate email.

Version 1 of this patch was very confusing, because I tried to prepare
already my succeeding 'destination' patch. I could drop my 'destination'
approach based on your feedback, and my revised V2 of my 'individual natt
port' approach could be streamlined dramatically; everything is straight
forward now. The syntax could be simplified as well and the man page is also
updated accordingly.

This is the Syntax extension:
remote address [[port]] {
	nat_traversal [[port]] (on|off|force);
}

The patch is based on my previous patch p4b-p4a_anonymous_port.patch. It
particularly requires the ike_port_natt extension
from my V2_p4a-p3b_default_natt_port_in_listen_block.patch.

Thanks and Regards
	Wolfgang

P.S.: Sorry for giving you so much work.