List:       ipsec-tools-devel
Subject:    Re: [Ipsec-tools-devel] strict DPD cookie check
From:       Timo_Teräs <timo.teras () iki ! fi>
Date:       2011-11-12 9:39:08

On 11/12/2011 11:32 AM, Roman Hoog Antink wrote:
> My initial patch did check for reverted cookies, but I posted the
> simplified version, because the RFC states that the content is arbitrary.
> However, I can live with your proposal.

It's true that the RFC does not enforce the contents. However, the
contents SHOULD be the cookies.

And also =A76.1 states:
   Additionally, both the receiver of the R-U-THERE and the R-U-THERE-
   ACK message SHOULD check the validity of the Initiator and Responder
   cookies presented in the SPI field of the payload.

So I'd prefer to keep the check.

I'm having today a ipsec-tools day, so I'll try to go through the other
pending patches and comment on them (or commit if they look ok to me).

Thanks,
 Timo