List:       ipsec-tools-devel
Subject:    Re: [Ipsec-tools-devel] Fw: Encrypted Transport not working
From:       Nico De Ranter <nico.deranter () eu ! sony ! com>
Date:       2008-06-26 15:22:47

Doh! I spent an awfull amount of time trying to get IPSec working
between 2 CentOS 5.1 machines. It turns out the buggy kernel was the
problem. It works immediately after upgrading to CentOS 5.2.

Thanks for the tip Dean!

BTW, if anybody is interested: I found a surprisingly useful document on
setting up IPSec on Linux on the Microsoft website at
http://port25.technet.com/archive/2007/05/09/windows-vista-beta-linux-ipsec-interop-testing.aspx

I got it working now with certificates supplied by our Windows AD
server.

Nico

On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 16:38 -1000, DTakemori@thdfsg.com wrote:

> I seem to have found the cause of my issue.
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2853&nbn=1
>
> > Is the ipsec-users list defunct?  The archives are full of SPAM and
> > I've received no responses to my query.
> >

> > I have two computers running CentOS 5.1 with
> > kernel-xen-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
> > ipsec-tools-0.6.5-8.el5
> > I am trying to get these two computers communicating
> > over an encrypted point-to-point link (with the eventual
> > goal of migrating to a link between a CentOS and a Windows
> > Server 2003 box.)
> >
> > There is a firewall which is set to allow icmp, IP proto
> > 50, 51 and UDP ports 500 and 4500 through.
>
> Dean Takemori
> Tech Support Supervisor
> TD Food Group
> dtakemori@thdfsg.com
 With kind regards,

Nico De Ranter
Senior System Administrator

Sony Techsoft Centre
The Corporate Village  · Da Vincilaan 7-D1  · B-1935 Zaventem  · Belgium

Phone: +32 (0)2 700 8641
Fax: +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail: nico.deranter@eu.sony.com
Internet: www.sony-europe.com

Sony Technology and Software Centre Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7  · B-1840 Londerzeel  · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160  · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Londerzeel 293-0376800-10 GEBA-BE-BB