List:       ipsec
Subject:    [IPsec]  I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-06.txt
From:       Tero Kivinen <kivinen () iki ! fi>
Date:       2016-04-06 18:06:32

internet-drafts@ietf.org writes:
> directories. This draft is a work item of the IP Security
> Maintenance and Extensions of the IETF.

This version includes the pre-shared keys (or "Shared Key Message
Integrity Code") in the authentication method table, as it specified
in the RFC7296 as mandatory to implement, so we want to say it MUST
here too. While I was doing that change, I noticed that we actually
update the RFC7296, as the 7296 section 4 has text saying that RSA
with key lengths of 1024 or 2048 are mandatory. In our section 4.1.1
we actually say that RSA key lengths with less than 2048 bits are
SHOULD NOT, so our recommendation are different than what is in the
RFC7296. After quick verify from our WG chair, I marked this document
as updating the RFC7296 (and added the missing fact that is obsoletes
rfc4307). The fact that this updates RFC7296 was also added in the
introduction.

In addition to those changes, this contains some fixes for some typos
etc (especially in the section 5 algoritms for IoT).

With these changes, I think this document is ready for the WGLC.

kivinen@iki.fi