List:       ipsec
Subject:    [IPsec] OSPFv3 Authentication
From:       Ed Jankiewicz <edward.jankiewicz () sri ! com>
Date:       2008-09-23 15:34:36

I am not an active follower of current IPsec work, but have a question
for this list.  Please reply off-list unless your response would be
generally interesting or trigger relevant discussion on the list.

What (if any) current initiatives are there that would support automated
key exchange for OSFPv3 authentication?  RFC 4552 relies upon pre-shared
secret keys for generating message digest, but some of my constituents
have issues with manual generation, distribution and configuration of
keys in their IPv6 network deployment.  Is any of the current work on
IKE revisions applicable, or is someone looking at OSPF specific solution?

Thanks.

--
Ed Jankiewicz - SRI International
Fort Monmouth Branch Office - IPv6 Research