List:       ipsec
Subject:    RE: [Ipsec] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-sheffer-ipsec-secure-beacon-00.txt
From:       Yaron Sheffer <yaronf () checkpoint ! com>
Date:       2006-06-28 11:01:08

Hi Kent,

Thanks for your review.

Please let me know if the following added text would address the issue that you \
raised:

3.5 Client Security Policy

If the client sent the SECURE_NETWORK_DETECT notification and did not receive an \
indication of a secure network, it SHOULD NOT change its existing SPD.

If the client sent the SECURE_NETWORK_DETECT notification and received the \
SECURE_NETWORK_DETECTED notification, it should alter its behavior depending on how \
the SPD is configured.

3.5.1 Statically configured SPD
If the SPD is pre-configured, then upon receiving the SECURE_NETWORK_DETECTED \
notification, the client SHOULD temporarily convert all PROTECT entries in the SPD \
which are associated with the peer gateway into BYPASS entries. An entry is said to \
be associated with this peer gateway if it is a transport mode entry and the remote \
address is the peer gateway address, or if it is a tunnel mode entry, and the remote \
tunnel address is the peer gateway address.

3.5.2 Dynamically discovered SPD
IKEv2 allows the client to populate the SPD dynamically based on the \
INTERNAL_IPv*_SUBNET attributes in the configuration payload (see section 6.3 in \
[clarifications]). However the client cannot reach this state in the current \
protocol, in the case of SECURE_NETWORK_DETECTED.

Best regards,

	Yaron