List:       ipsec
Subject:    Re: question on "code preserving" section in Paul's draft
From:       Dan Harkins <dharkins () tibernian ! com>
Date:       2002-05-15 23:29:07

  Mike,

  Got it. I was looking at 6.4. I must've missed that paragraph on
the first go-round because I think it's incorrect. The 2nd to the
last paragraph of section 2.5 of draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-02.txt
mentions how an IKEv2 implementation can avoid being tricked into
speaking IKEv1. Basically, the active attack against the version
would fail when the two peers start sending authenticated IKEv2
messages with the "version" bit set in the IKEv2 header.

  Dan.

On Wed, 15 May 2002 15:49:51 PDT you wrote