List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: W.G. Last Call on "Default Address Selection for IPv6"
From:       JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?=
Date:       2001-05-31 17:42:27

>   | Here are some inconsistency comparing to the latest versions of the
>   | scoping/address architecture drafts:

> Here I think it is better to use the values from the currently published
> RFCs - the actual numbers aren't important to anything in this draft,
> and using data from a doc that isn't yet an RFC will only serve to hold
> up this one until that is eventually published.

Okay, I don't mind the policy.  But then, the addr-select draft should
refer to RFC 2373, instead of the scoping architecture draft:

   Multicast destination addresses have a 4-bit scope field that
   controls the propagation of the multicast packet. The IPv6
   addressing architecture defines scope field values for node-local
   (0x1), link-local (0x2), site-local (0x5), organization-local (0x8),
   and global (0xE) scopes [9].
                           ^^^ this should be RFC 2373.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.