List:       ipng
Subject:    (IPng 7210) DHCPv6 Update and Agenda at the IETF
From:       Jim Bound <bound () wasted ! zk3 ! dec ! com>
Date:       1999-02-19 21:14:18

Ralph,

Charile and I will have an updated draft for DHCPv6 and the Extensions
for DHCPv6 Documents submitted before the IETF Deadline of Feb 26th.
This week we have completed our update of the draft and are working as
co-authors to update the src of the specs.  If all goes well we will
have new drafts out by Feb 21st, but worst case by the IETF deadline.

The change revision of both appendices will reflect the changes we made
as a result of WG Last call.  We will post these changes and what we did
not change when the spec is released to the working group.

At the IETF Minneapolis meeting we would like to request a full 2 hour
slot for DHCPv6 with the following agenda:

1.  Review the Last Call input received in bulletd form.
2.  Review/Discuss the changes we made to the specs from that last call input.
3.  Review/Discuss the changes we did not make and why.
4.  Review/Discuss with the WG any other items needed to be addressed
    before IETF Last call of both specifications.

We are hoping for attendance of IPv6 WG persons and review of the specs
too.  But because the DHCPv6 mailing list is set up so that only members
can send to that mailing list, we will encourage them to send any mail
to Charlie, yourself, and I;  and we will have to forward their input to
the DHCPv6 WG and cc them.  We may not be able to get folks to get on
the list right away who just want to be on for this review period.

We also need to add how to join the dhcp-v6 mail list at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dhc-charter.html.

For folks who want to join the dhcp-v6 mailing list:

send mail to listserv@bucknell.edu

in the body of your message

  subscribe dhcp-v6 your-email-address-goes-here

thanks
/jim