List:       ipng
Subject:    (IPng 6056) Re: IPv6 questions and telford
From:       Telford001 () aol ! com
Date:       1998-07-14 16:22:46

In a message dated 98-07-14 15:29:36 EDT, wimeran@pagesz.net writes:

> Implying that the prevalence of a poorly designed networking scheme might
>  contribute to your future job security...?  Do I smell an ulterior motive
>  here?

It is a good point.  We have made a lot of money thanks to SNMP, which
was crippled by lack of understanding of network management
on the part of the Gang of Four and by Rose's incomprehension of ASN.1.
Perhaps, I should not criticize IPv6.  Certainly, the gradualist approach
of merely introducing address extension options while volunteer
organizations work to specify, develop and test a two level hierarchical
routing scheme involving L1 and L2 IP routers would mean far
less work for TTI.

Joachim Martillo