List:       ipng
Subject:    (IPng 1560) Re:  Strict source routes and "what is a neighbor?"
From:       dhaskin () BayNetworks ! com (Dimitry Haskin)
Date:       1996-03-15 18:44:17

Matt,

My supposition is that the intend of strict source route is to prevent
visiting nodes that are not listed in the routing header.  Therefore, IMO,
if you can directly forward to the next listed hop, it is all right
to do so regardless of on-link prefixes.  I agree that use of "neighbor" word
in the related section of the rfc1883 is somewhat misleading given
the adopted IPv6 terminology.

Dimitry