List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: [IPv6] [EXTERNAL] Re: Comments on draft-ietf-6man-hbh-processing-12
From:       "Templin \(US\), Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin=40boeing.com () dmarc ! ietf ! org>
Date:       2023-11-29 22:22:59

Tom, good point - RFC9286 and RFC9486 makes two HBH options that have been published
relatively recently which were presumably intended for practical purposes (note the similar
document numbers as a matter of "IETF coincidence" also). I don't mind having limited
domain applicability for the short term, but would not want to preclude broader applicability
in the future as more and more routers begin to recognize and properly handle certain HBH
options.

Fred