List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: [IPv6] [EXTERNAL] Re: Reasons for slow IPv6 adoption in Enterprises
From:       Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-07-22 13:34:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

and, at IETF, are still all newly chartered WGs considering IPv6 as a
start or are we back to IPv4 business as usual?

Alex

Le 22/07/2023 à 15:32, Alexandre Petrescu a écrit :

> Le 22/07/2023 à 00:02, Ted Lemon a écrit :
>> IOW rather than discussing what we should add, we should discuss what
>> we can remove?  :)
>
> Aiming at something to reduce such as to match the impedance one would
> wonder whether examples exist - are there large Enterprise networks of
> desktops using IPv6?
>
> Other than Enterprise desktop LANs, recently I heard about these
> 'hyperscaler' enterprises - might they consider IPv6 a help in easier
> scaling?
>
> Alex
>

>> Op vr 21 jul 2023 om 17:58 schreef Manfredi (US), Albert E
>> <albert.e.manfredi@boeing.com <mailto:albert.e.manfredi@boeing.com>>

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

  <head>
  </head>
          all newly chartered WGs considering IPv6 as a start or are we
      Petrescu a écrit :<br>
      cite="mid:ccfc35ad-8db4-67c2-93d5-86d1278fa5c4@gmail.com">
        add, we should discuss what we can remove?  :)
      Aiming at something to reduce such as to match the impedance one
      would wonder whether examples exist - are there large Enterprise
      networks of desktops using IPv6?
      Other than Enterprise desktop LANs, recently I heard about these
      'hyperscaler' enterprises - might they consider IPv6 a help in
      easier scaling?
      Alex
        Op vr 21 jul 2023 om 17:58 schreef Manfredi (US), Albert E
        &lt;<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" \
                href="mailto:albert.e.manfredi@boeing.com">albert.e.manfredi@boeing.com</a>

        <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" \
href="mailto:albert.e.manfredi@boeing.com">&lt;mailto:albert.e.manfredi@boeing.com&gt;</a>&gt;
             &gt; I concur. I would even advance the slightly heretical

href="mailto:ipv6@ietf.org">ipv6@ietf.org</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" \
href="mailto:ipv6@ietf.org">&lt;mailto:ipv6@ietf.org&gt;</a>  <br>
            Administrative Requests:
        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \