List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: Call for agenda items IETF 113
From:       Ted Lemon <mellon () fugue ! com>
Date:       2022-02-17 17:01:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 11:27 AM Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am fine with just a presentation on this topic.  It would be good if the
> presentation could be completed a week before the IETF meeting, we could
> upload it to make it available to the w.g.

That sounds doable. I will do that unless Ole objects strongly. :)

On Feb 17, 2022, at 7:29 AM, otroan@employees.org wrote:

> From a bystander perspective, _my_ reaction to this is along the lines of:
> "you can't possibly build networks this way, and this is not a problem
> source address selection was ever intended to solve".
> Assuming I'm not alone, some justification of the problem and desired
> solution might be a good place to start the session.

I can't argue with that. The goal is more prevention of
difficult-for-laypersons-to-debug outcomes than any advice on good network
design.

> Thanks for the request. You didn't mention how much time you need? I would
> imagine this being a topic that could fill the whole slot. :-)

I'd suggest putting it at the end except that risks not having time. I
guess I'll propose 20 minutes, and keep the presentation to five, and you
can see how much time you actually have and counter accordingly. :)