List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-12.txt> (IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option) to Expe
From:       "Templin (US), Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin () boeing ! com>
Date:       2022-02-11 15:55:14

An update on the following:

> I'll look forward with interest to seeing the level of support to deploy
> 4MB MTUs (or whatever size you target) in INTAREA and how challenges
> will be addressed, but I don't see this as a great reason for growing
> the size of the IPv6 HBH PMTU option.

I am retracting my request to leverage the IPv6 HBH PMTU option, since I found
a way to do everything I need based on another option type. I therefore have no
objection to this draft going forward as an experimental, but anyone with interest
in how large MTUs can be brought into the Internet architecture in an incremental
fashion should have a look at the IP Parcels draft.

Thanks - Fred