List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: [Teas] Unify Terminologies for Network Slicing
From:       "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh () joelhalpern ! com>
Date:       2021-03-09 14:49:03

At least the bestbar draft carries an id for what we call there a slice
aggregate.  That is, an id at the granularity needed for affecting
behavior, not an id for identifying the end-to-end network slice or even
the individual IETF Network Slice.

It is not clear to me that the packet as visible at every point in the
network needs an identifier for the end-to-end network slice.

And it is clear that we need to avoid unifying terminology that
represents different things.

Yours,
Joel