List:       ipng
Subject:    draft-ietf-6man-slaac-renum possible application
From:       Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar ! org>
Date:       2020-12-03 21:54:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Just an anecdote relating to how draft-ietf-6man-slaac-renum could
potentially apply:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starlink/comments/k2ag4c/thoughts_from_a_network_engineer_after_having/

> Note that I was even able to get an IPv6 address on that device using
> SLAAC but it would not "hold" it. My router keeps dropping the IP
> after it times out and I have unplug/replug to get it to come back (I
> have not dove into troubleshooting this at all).

It would be interesting to do a deep ops dive into what design decisions
led to this behaviour, and how this can be improved.

Nick