List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: IoT 64
From:       Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-06-25 9:27:33

I had private email with Michael.

He explained it better to me.

I agree with most points he makes: Ethernet and WiFi on IoT devices are
so used to /64 and SLAAC, which make for a 64 problem. Yet these same
IoT devices could work with host-based routes too. If they did, there
would be no /64 problem.

He rightfully points to a particular protocol that would work and that
has no /64 problem and that does not use SLAAC. It's RPL.

On my particular IoT context, I can not consider RPL.

But I do agree with Michael's technical points.

Alex