List:       ipng
Subject:    <draft-hinden-6man-rfc2460bis-06.txt>
From:       Bob Hinden <bob.hinden () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-09-20 17:05:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I published the -06 version of the RFC2460bis draft.  See links below.

The purpose of this draft is to incorporate the updates dealing with Extension \
headers as defined in RFC6564, RFC7045, and RFC7112.  The changes include:

    RFC6564: Added new Section 4.8 that describes
             recommendations for defining new Extension headers and
             options

    RFC7045: The changes were to add a reference to RFC7045,
             change the requirement for processing the hop-by-hop
             option to a should, and added a note that due to
             performance restrictions some nodes won't process the Hop-
             by-Hop Option header.

    RFC7112: The changes were to revise the Fragmentation
             Section to require that all headers through the first
             Upper-Layer Header are in the first fragment.  This
             changed the text describing how packets are fragmented and
             reassembled and added a new error case.

    Editorial changes.

You can see the diff from the previous version at:

 https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hinden-6man-rfc2460bis-06.txt

Please review this draft to verify that the changes are appropriate.  The updates in \
these RFCs (especially RFC7112) were challenging to incorporate.  The changes have \
been reviewed by most of the authors of these RFCs.

This is part of the project to move the core IPv6 specifications to Internet \
Standard.

With this draft, all of the errata and RFC2460 updating RFCs have been incorporated.  \
The next version (-07) will update references to current versions and correctly \
assign references to normative and informative.

Regards,
Bob

> On Sep 20, 2015, at 9:46 AM, internet-drafts@ietf.org wrote:
>

> A new version of I-D, draft-hinden-6man-rfc2460bis-06.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Robert M. Hinden and posted to the
> IETF repository.
>
> Name:		draft-hinden-6man-rfc2460bis
> Revision:	06
> Title:		Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification
> Document date:	2015-09-20
> Group:		Individual Submission
> Pages:		35

> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hinden-6man-rfc2460bis-06
> Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hinden-6man-rfc2460bis-06
>
> Abstract:
> This document specifies version 6 of the Internet Protocol (IPv6),
> also sometimes referred to as IP Next Generation or IPng.  It
> obsoletes RFC2460

> The IETF Secretariat

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]