List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: RFC 6724 and draft-baker-6man-multi-homed-host
From:       Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-08-31 21:57:22

Dusan,

I think we're miscommunicating. Yes, someone who implements our draft will
have to augment their sending code and implement address selection rule 5.5.
But from a formal point of view that doesn't invalidate or update 4861 or 6724.

Of course, you can't create the "history" until after a successful round trip.
So there's another missing piece in the whole puzzle, which is what happens
if the first address pair that you try fails to connect. That's a much broader
question (cf the "Reachability of distributed prefixes" thread on homenet).

Regards
   Brian