List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: Progressing draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses (Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-stable-pri
From:       SM <sm () resistor ! net>
Date:       2013-06-21 3:42:20

Hi Ole,
At 03:20 19-06-2013, Ole Troan wrote:
>the action is on the chairs to initiate the WGLC, and subsequently
>to review the document.

Ok.

>given the discussion on the list, we are planning a larger session
>on privacy, tracking and the interface identifier
>in Berlin.

Ok.

>I thought it would make sense to do the last call on this document,
>after that discussion.

I'll comment below.

>personally I would have preferred to scale back the stable-privacy
>document, and move some of the general
>privacy and tracking discussion to a more general draft.
>the other consideration is also, what's the sudden rush? given that
>interface-id generation is a local
>implementation specific matter, there is nothing stopping someone
>who wants different interface-id's today
>to go out and implement them.

It's not a sudden rush. :-)  The specification is going to be
implemented in an open source project.  The only proposed changed
(see above) is the privacy and tracking discussion.  Nobody has
submitted a more general draft.  It seems odd to have to wait for a
session in Berlin when there isn't any concrete proposal being
discussed on the mailing list.

Regards,
-sm