List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484-revise-03.txt
From:       Arifumi Matsumoto <arifumi () nttv6 ! net>
Date:       2011-06-20 2:15:08

Hi,

thank you for your comment.
I cannot find it soon, but we had discussion about the
deprecated prefixes before.

There, it was pointed out that 3ffe::/16 was deprecated
and now it is just treated as normal global unicast address.
So, preserving 3ffe::/16 in the table will bring troubles
in future.

Regarding site-local prefix, it is still reserved by IETF.
So, it was not removed from the table.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kindest regards,

On 2011/06/18, at 0:56, Tim Chown wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2011, at 16:25, Brian Haberman wrote:
>
>> On 6/17/11 11:12 AM, Rui Paulo wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I can't seem to find the discussion that led to this new draft. Could
>>> you please clarify why 3ffe::/16 was removed from the new policy
>>> table?
>>
>> The use of 3FFE has been deprecated.
>
> Should we also remove site-locals then, or IPv4-compatibles?
>
> Tim

Arifumi Matsumoto
 NGN System Architecture Project
 NTT Service Integration Laboratories