List:       ipng
Subject:    review of draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-rh0-01
From:       Andrew Sullivan <andrew () ca ! afilias ! info>
Date:       2007-06-29 17:02:19

Dear colleagues,

I have read draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-rh0-01.  I think it is a useful
document, and support its promotion.

I appreciate the view, expressed by some in earlier threads, that
deprecating RH0 completely means that legitimate uses might be lost.
I am persuaded by the argument that complete deprecation, and
replacement with something else that doesn't have the same
liabilities, is much clearer for operators and implementors alike.

In the draft, I am especially pleased to see section 4.2, which
cautions against being too broad in blocking traffic on the basis of
any routing headers.

I do not have any editorial remarks.

I think this is a good draft, and it should proceed.

Best regards,
Andrew

<andrew@ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf@jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110