List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: agree on step one - Re:
From:       james woodyatt <jhw () apple ! com>
Date:       2007-06-28 23:54:21

On Jun 28, 2007, at 14:30, Roger Jorgensen wrote:

> about part one - both the RIR and LIR field can be set to zero's
> for direct assignment, for other they can go through RIR.

That's not how I read Mr. Vixie's proposed text.  If both RIR and LIR
are zero, that implies a ULA prefix that IANA reserves for its own
operations.  Any sites that want ULA-C prefixes without going to a
RIR need to get one from a LIR explicitly numbered by IANA.  I don't
think we've established any policy for how IANA is expected to assign
LIR numbers for use when RIR=0.

--
james woodyatt <jhw@apple.com>
member of technical staff, communications engineering