List:       ipng
Subject:    RE: IPv6 WG Last Call:draft-ietf-ipv6-ndproxy-02.txt
From:       "Dave Thaler" <dthaler () windows ! microsoft ! com>
Date:       2005-05-31 21:04:35

Tim Chown writes:
> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 10:44:37AM -0400, Bound, Jim wrote:
> >
> > My response below.  Thus I cannot support this going to the IESG
without
> > further discussion as my input. I also support Margaret's request
for
> > this to be checked by RTSP persons, and I realize Dave T. clearly
has
> > this expertise but it is a good logic check. Unless we want to
remove
> > RSTP.  I think we should include RSTP but it needs more review.
>
> This seems sensible.

RSTP folks are reviewing this, and based on their recommendations we
will fix or remove the RSTP use.  (As the editor, I am okay with either
direction.)

At last IETF, I got agreement from Paul Congdon (vice-chair of 802.1D,
which owns the RSTP protocol) and Bernard Aboba (who's the IEEE liaison
on the IAB, and the person who originally reviewed the old draft and
said it should use RSTP now) to review the use of RSTP in draft -02 once
it came out.

Now that draft -02 is out, I have again asked for their reviews, and I
will wait for their recommendation before updating.

-Dave