List:       ipng
Subject:    RE: [dhcwg] Original intent of M/O bits [was Re: IPv6 WG
From:       "Bound, Jim" <jim.bound () hp ! com>
Date:       2005-05-24 15:08:11

Thomas,

With respect.  When we defined M and O we were assuming a stateful support system.  \
Thus we did the right thing.  I was there as you.  Those that are in denial that \
stateful is as important to the business and market deployment of IPv6 are simply \
missing the point.  In addition, and I think we agree on this point, it is not the \
IETFs business to tell the market what or how to deploy.

/jim