List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: not-routable prefix for CBIDs
From:       Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont () enst-bretagne ! fr>
Date:       2004-11-11 20:47:01

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   HIP HITs (even though they recently gave up on trying to
   reserve the topmost 2 bits and went with full 128 bit HITs).
   But this conversation has not happened in HIP, I believe.

=> 128 bit IDs require a dedicated API... An easy to recognize
prefix works with current APIs but leave less bits for the ID
part, this is why the first thing we've done is to get some advice
from the IANA about the length of the prefix.

Thanks

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr