List:       ipng
Subject:    Re: Question about Section 5.4 in RFC 2462bis-05.txt
From:       JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?=
Date:       2004-08-28 8:02:24

> "Note that the method for detecting duplicates is not completely
> reliable, and it is possible that duplicate addresses will still exist
> (e.g., if the link was partitioned while Duplicate Address Detection was
> performed."

> What exactly is meant by "if the link was partitioned"? Is the intent to
> account for networks where the L bit is not set in prefix information
> option of RAs (i.e., the same /64 could be found on two different
> links)? Thnx.

In my understanding the intent of the above text is not relevant to
prefix information.  The intended scenario would probably include an
ethernet link which is temporarily divided into two segments due to
hub/switch failure.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.